Sweet Onion Jam
Print this page
Chef Kyle Rourke
Red Star Tavern
- 2 onions – finely diced or sliced thin
- 1 cup – rice vinegar
- 1 cup – honey
- 1 tablespoon – fresh thyme, picked and chopped
- 1 fresh laurel leaf sliced thin or 1 whole dried bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons – fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons – oil
- Sweat onions over low heat in a medium sauce pan. Add vinegar, honey, bay leaf, and thyme to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thick and has a deep caramel color. Transfer to a wide glass dish or bowl (or jar).
- Use peppermill for cracked black pepper over jam to taste. Enjoy!
Makes 1 jar